|Board of Education|
|Mr. Elliott Stroul , President||December 31, 2018|
|Mr. Paul Rutsky , Vice President||December 31, 2018|
|Mr. Edward J. Herban||December 31, 2019|
|Mrs . Kerryann Holster||December 31, 2019|
|Mr. Scott Passner||December 31, 2020|
|Mrs. Michelle Scott||December 31, 2019|
|Peter Shaughnessy||December 31, 2020|
|Board Member # 8 - Vacant||December 31, 2018|
Mr. Nick Mackres, Business Administrator/Board Secretary
Note: The number of Board of Education members will reduce from nine (9) to eight (8) in 2018, and then to seven (7) in 2019.
The Jamesburg Board of Education is an:
Operating Type: Grades K-8 – Code 2
Election Type: Type II – November Election
BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
Notice is hereby given to the residents of the Borough of Jamesburg, Middlesex County, New Jersey of a vacancy on the Board of Education.
Qualifications as prescribed in New Jersey Law (P.L. 2011, c.202):
- Be able to read and write
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year’s residency in the school district
- Be registered to vote in the district before filing the nominating petition
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the board
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body or, in the case of county school districts, the county governing body
- Not simultaneously hold two elective offices
- Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes. (Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the state Department of Education.)
Any resident interested in becoming a Member of the Board of Education, please submit a letter of interest and resume to the Jamesburg Board of Education, 13 Augusta Street, Jamesburg, NJ 08831. At the board of education meeting on Thursday, January 25, 2018 candidates will be interviewed in public. If appointed, the term will expire December 31, 2018. If no candidate is appointed, then there will be a second opportunity at the March 15, 2018 board of education meeting.
Any qualified Jamesburg Borough resident interested in serving the children of our school district should submit a letter of interest to:
Business Administrator/Board Secretary
Jamesburg Board of Education
13 Augusta Street
Jamesburg, NJ 08831
The Board of Education will review all qualifying applicants.